RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such
events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO
EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR
REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
SUPER STOCK RULES 2017
!! Driver must stay in car unless on fire. Or be DQ'D!!
- Roll cages are required. No screw joint fittings allowed. The minimum requirement for all roll cages on all cars shall be an "A" shaped affair,
constructed of at least 1 1/2" OD pipe with bars running from the upper right corner to the lower left corner, and just the opposite on the other side, forming an
"X" as viewed from front to rear. There must also be a cross bar on top of "A" and 4 bars down the side and 4 bars around the top to complete a caged affair
around the driver. All roll bar pipes must be at least .095 in thickness. Must have 4 kidney bars on the driver side and 2 bars on the passenger side. MUST HAVE 4
BARS ON DRIVERS' SIDE. Gussets required. Bars may be added to protect radiator and gas tank areas. A minimum of Three 1/4 inch bars in front of the
driver required . 1/8" doorplate is mandatory.
- Fuel cells, mounted inside cans, are MANDATORY . Fuel cells must be in stock location.. 32 gallon maximum. Fuel cells must be securely installed with 2"
wide by 1/8" steel straps. Fuel Cells are NOT allowed over rear end housing.
- 3. Onboard Fire Suppression Systems are recommended.
FRAME & BODY:
- Any year model American made car or truck. Frt wheel drives not allowed. Stock Wheelbase only. 1 inch MAX tolerance allowed, side to side. All unibody cars must
have subframe connectors. Must have a firewall. Must have a floorpan that extends to the back of the drivers seat (min.). Firewall and floorpan may be fabricated from
20 gauge (min.) steel or .080 (min.) Aluminum. Frame width must remain stock. Frame behind the rear axle housing may be steel tubing (minimum of 2" x 2")
Tunnels allowed with enclosed interior.
- Steel or Aluminum stock appearing bodies are permitted. Plastic nosepiece and tailpiece allowed. 7" maximum width Sun screen on front windshield area. Rear of
body must be enclosed in the center. . 8" max. height on rear Spoilers. 12 inch braces allowed, max. of 4. Spoilers can not extend past the outside of the rear quarter
- Hood and trunk must be pinned down. Stock steel, aluminum, sheet metal or fiberglass hoods allowed. Steel or aluminum rear deck lids allowed. Fender wells
maybe removed. Fenders may be trimmed for tire clearance.
- Bumpers may be square or round tubing, must run inner rub rail, minimum size 1 1/2 inch round tubing on rear bumper. Bumper must not protrude past the car's body.
Must have tow loops front and rear. Bumper mounts must be steel. Front and Rear tubular bumpers allowed, must be covered by plastic nose with rounded ends.
Bumpers not covered by plastic nose or tail piece must be capped to the fender. ALL bumpers must be OEM height. NO sharp edges on bumpers or bolts.
- No crying, complaining or bitching. You are required to begin having fun as soon as you enter the gate!
- Enclosed Interiors allowed. All glass, chrome and trim must be removed, including headlights and taillights. No rear view mirrors. Dash may be aluminum. All
flammable material must be removed. A 7" plastic sun screen on front windshield area is allowed. Three 1/4" min. bars in front of the driver's window are mandatory. 1/8"
thick doorplate is mandatory, door plate must go from the back of the cage to 5 inches in front of the seat. Bars may be added to protect gas tank and radiator areas
- Racing seat is MANDATORY and 5 point harness with crotch belt. Must have window net. Driver must have helmet w/Snell Rating of 95 or newer, neck brace or
Hans device, fire suit and fire resistant gloves & shoes. Must have dry type fire extinguisher mounted within the reach of the driver. THESE ARE MANDATORY,
NO COURTESY NIGHTS ON ANY SAFETY EQUIPMENT.
- Quick release steering wheel and 3/4" round steering shaft MANDATORY. Quick Steer Allowed. . NO stock steering columns.
- WEIGHT: 3200 lbs . All weights must be painted white with the car number on it and securely fastened with 1/2 inch grade 8 bolts to eliminate injury and hazardous
conditions. Failure to have the car's number on a weight or failure to have it securely fastened are grounds for a DQ or position penalty at the discretion of the Tech official.
Top 3 cars weigh after heat races. "B" feature transfer spots weigh. Top 5 weigh after "A" feature.
ENGINE AND DRIVETRAIN:
- ENGINE OPTION 1: CRATE USA SEALED 602 WITH ANY 4 BARREL CARBURETOR
*Must have original GM seals or approved rebuilder.
*CRATE ENGINES MUST NOT BE ALTERED, MODIFIED OR CHANGED FROM FACTORY SPECS*
If Illegal: Racer loses all pay and all season points All crate engines must have FULL documentation of engine
purchase and all history with car at all times. It is the Car owner or driver's responsibility to provide paperwork on Crate engine. If no
paperwork or engine is not verified it will be required to run Holley 500 CFM. 2-barrel carburetor. Otherwise, no points or payout will be
issued until proper paperwork is provided. Engine must be registered with PSS and documentation along with spec
sheet on file with PSS. All engines used must be sealed by the manufacturer and/ or Certified Engine
Rebuilder and must remain in the "as shipped"condition. A double redundant sealing system, which must be visible at all, times. All engines without this seal
are subject to tear down at any time. Competitor's refusing to tear down will be disqualified from and all future events until engine issue has been resolved.
- ENGINE OPTION 2: Maximum 370 Cubic Inch. OEM blocks only. No bowtie or aluminum blocks. NO
400 blocks. NO aluminum heads. 23 degree Cast iron heads with maximum 2.02/1.60 valves only. (Mopar (OE)18 degree). Flat top or dished pistons only.
Starter, Oil pump and Fuel pump must be in stock location. NO roller cams, roller lifters or mushroom lifters. Any unaltered (no porting, polishing or gasket matching )
Aluminum intakes are permitted. Aftermarket valve springs allowed. Stamped steel, roller tip or roller rockers permitted. Screw in studs, guide plates, poly locks and
stud gridles permitted. CARBURETOR: No more than 500 CFM maximum: with a 1 11/16" throttle bore
maximum. 2 BARREL CARBS CHECKED WITH GO-NO-GO GAUGES TOP TO BOTTOM. Carb spacer 1 1/2" Max.
The following apply to both engine options:
- IGNITION: Any Standard Distributor Type Electronic Ignition allowed. MSD's allowed. NO Magnetos. No crank triggers. Battery must be in marine type
case if mounted in driver compartment. NO onboard electronic devices capable of storing information. Recall Tachs allowed.
- Headers Allowed - No Tri Y
- BRAKES: 3 or 4 wheel brakes allowed, shut off may be accessible. Adjustable brake bias and gauges permitted.
- FUEL: Pump or racing fuel only. No additives, scents, Nitrous oxide, or any other go faster chemicals.
- TRANSMISSION / CLUTCH: Car must have a working clutch and transmission. Clutch must be on the crankshaft. NO Bert, Brinn, Falcon or aftermarket
transmissions. Blowproof bell housing required. Direct drive automatic transmissions are not allowed. Must have working torque converter. 360 degree
driveshaft loop required. Steel Driveshafts only, must be painted white w/ car number on it.
TIRES - WHEELS - SUSPENSIONS:
- TIRES & WHEELS: Tires must durometer at least 50 at anytime. Any asphalt pull off or Hoosier G60-15 IMCA stamped modified pull offs. NO recaps or
dirt late model tires. Sidewall markings must be visible. Steel wheels mandatory. Maximum width 10". Beadlocks allowed on right side only. 5/8" wheel studs
mandatory. NO plastic or aluminum wheels. Mud plugs allowed.
- SHOCKS: Steel bodied, non adjustable, OE or Heim end, Racing shocks allowed. 1 shock per wheel. Mounting location optional NO external or internal
bumpers /stops. No air shocks or any remote reservoir shocks. NO Gas port, schrader valve or bladder type valves. NO coilovers or coil-over eliminators. NO spring
assisted shocks unless it came OE on that vehicle.
- FRONT SUSPENSION: Racing springs allowed. FRT. Weight jacks allowed. Any Non-adjustable Tubular Upper A-Frames allowed. Lower A-Frame must be
stock and in stock location. Spindle savers allowed.
- REAR SUSPENSION: Racing springs allowed. Rear weight jacks allowed. Stock length non- adjustable trailing arms allowed. ANY ENDS allowed. (May use
adjustable arms if welded to stock length.) .Trailing arm brackets must be in stock location ( 2.5" below housing) and mounted equal distance from the rearend and equal
distance side to side from center. Leaf spring type cars & trucks are allowed to mount coil spring "helpers" on top of the axle tubes (1 per side). NO independent rear
suspensions. Adjustable Shackles and Sliders are allowed. NO panhard bars, chains or cables or independent rear suspensions.
- REAR END: 9" Ford rear end allowed, but must be mounted like OEM rear end (centered) for that make and model. Grand National rear ends allowed. GM rear ends
MUST have axle retention. All rear ends must be locked. NO traction control devices.
- Abuse/Assault of Officials/Participants and minor unsportsmanlike actions:
No participant shall engage in improper behavior on or off the track, on social media, in or out of the race car, nor shall he/she subject any track official, track
employee, sponsor, or participant to any abusive or improper language at any time. Any driver who gets out of his/her race car, or any participant who
verbally assaults or threaten any track official, track employee, sponsor or another participant may be suspended for up to two weeks from the date of
infraction, may lose all track points and pay a $250.00 fine, to the driver's point fund. Loss of points and amount of fine are at the discretion of the track
officials and based on the severity of the violation.
- All cars are subject to track official's approval.
PROTESTING: Driver only may protest.
- THE DRIVER PROTESTING MUST HAVE PARTICIPATED IN THREE PREVIOUS CONSECUTIVE RACES AT THE TRACK, MUST HAVE
FINISHED IN THE TOP FIVE AND CAN ONLY PROTEST A FINISHING POSITION AHEAD OF HIS/HER OWN. THE DRIVER BEING PROTESTED
WILL HAVE- 10 MINUTES - TO PROTEST DRIVER PROTESTING HIM/HER, - IF HE/SHE WISHES TO DO SO. DRIVER MUST GIVE - CASH
- TO THE FLAGMAN WITHIN 10 MINUTES AFTER THE END OF THE RACE.
$250.00 - Upper engine protest. Heads /Cam / Pistons / Bore / Stroke**
$100.00 - Transmission
$100.00 - Suspension/Shocks**
** $50.00** of the protest money goes into the driver's point fund.
THE TRACK reserves the right to protest any driver at anytime.
VISITING HOBBY/STREET/SUPER STOCKS MUST COMPLY WITH ALL SAFETY RULES.
And are subject to weight penalties according to infractions