RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly
conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such
events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in
these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO
EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM
PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR
REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are
in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
Front Wheel Drive Rules 2018
!! Driver must stay in car unless on fire.!!
- Any Front Wheel Drive passenger car foreign or domestic must be
completely stock as manufactured, engine, drive train, suspension and
fuel system, except - NO turbos. NO rear or mid engine vehicles.
- All glass, mirrors, body molding and trim must be removed. Interior must
be removed, but the dash may remain and be modified for roll cage
- A box type (6) point roll cage of at least 1 1/2 inch x .095 wall steel tubing is
required, and should be attached to the floor with 3/4 x 4x8 inch plates.
Heavy angle or square tubing may be used. No threaded pipe or pluming
joints may be used. Cage must be PSS tech approval. Must have door bars
on both sides. Driver side must have three (3) bars 1 1/2 x.095 tubing.
Passenger side may be "X" but must have Three (3) bars. The roll cage
must be box over, behind and in front of the driver. The hoop behind the
driver must have a diagonal brace. Roof hoop must have center bar.
Extra cockpit bracing is allowed.
- Door must be welded or chained shut. Windshield must be removed and
three (3) or more bars must be in front of the driver. High wire mesh
can also be added.
- Strut towers, hubs and wheel centers may be reinforced. Larger wheel studs
- Passenger car tires only, no low profile tires. Minimum inflation for all tires
shall be 30PSI at all times. No grooving or siping tires.
- Fuel cell in steel can may be used in place of OEM fuel tank and must be
mounted in the trunk. Must have rear fire wall between the tank
- Battery may be relocated. If in driver compartment it must be completely
- Racing seat mandatory with 5 point racing harness. Seat or seat belts must
mount to frame or roll cage. Window net is highly recommended. Drivers
must ware approved driver safety equipment Must have fire
- Cars must have readable numbers.