RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the
orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all
events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS.
They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
Factory Stock Rules 2017
!! Driver must stay in car unless on fire.!!
- Roll cages are required. No screw joint fittings allowed. The
minimum requirement for all roll cages on all cars shall be an "A" shaped affair, constructed of at least 1 1/2" OD pipe with bars running
from the upper right corner to the lower left corner, and just the opposite on the other side, forming an "X" as viewed from front to rear.
There must also be a cross bar on top of "A" and 4 bars down the side and 4 bars around the top to complete a caged affair around the driver.
All roll bar pipes must be at least .095 in thickness. Must have 4 kidney bars on the driver side and 2 bars on the passenger side. MUST HAVE 4
BARS ON DRIVERS' SIDE. The driver and passenger door inner liner only may be altered as necessary to install bars in the door area. No
further gutting allowed. Gussets required. Bars may be added to protect radiator and gas tank areas. Minimum of Three 1/4 inch bars in front of
the driver required . 1/8" doorplate is mandatory. WINDOW NETS REQUIRED IN ALL CLASSES
- Fuel cells, mounted inside cans, are MANDATORY . Fuel cells must
be in stock location, can not be mounted above the rear end housing. 32 gallon maximum. Fuel cells must be securely installed with 2" wide by
1/8" STEEL straps. Pump or racing gas only. NO nitrous oxide or other enhancing chemicals allowed. NO ELECTRIC FUEL PUMPS.
- ALL ITEMS/PARTS NOT ADDRESSED IN THE FOLLOWING RULES & REGULATIONS ARE TO BE OEM , UNALTERED PARTS
- EXACTLY AS PRODUCED BY THE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER.
FRAME & BODY:
- Any year model American made car. No front wheel drives allowed.
- Wheelbase must be production stock. 1" tolerance. No subcompact cars.
Rack and pinion cars must have factory stock parts only. If chassis is altered or steering parts are not stock or stock replacement and in stock location ~
it's not legal. All unibody cars must be tied together. Must have a complete stock floor pan and firewall. Trunk area may be cut no further forward than
the pinion of the rear end. Crossmember may be notched for fuel pump.
- Complete body and frame for that year model. Body must look factory and be in stock position. Sheet metal or aluminum allowed. All doors must
be secured to body. OEM Roofs. Fiberglass or sheet metal hoods allowed. Hood & trunk must be pinned down. Spoiler allowed, may not exceed 6
inches in height, no wider than rear deck. 12" max length sides. Rear of body must be fully enclosed - quarter panel to quarter panel. Must have
a factory floor pan and firewall. Holes in firewall must be covered with metal or aluminum. Rear firewall must extend from bottom of rear window
to bottom of floor pan. Trunk area may be cut no further forward than the pinion of the rear end, inner fender must attach to floor pan. Frt/ Rear
fenders may be trimmed for tire clearance. Frt. fender wells may be removed. Nose piece allowed. Plastic may be used to conform the frt. fender to the nose. Must conform to
body lines. NO excessive "flaring". Must be in full contact with the fender and can not extend outward past the fender and door body lines. Excessive
flaring determined at the discretion of the Tech official.
- Bumpers may be square or round tubing, minimum size 1 1/2 inch round tubing on rear bumper. Bumper must not protrude past the car's body. Must
have tow loops front and rear. Bumper mounts must be steel. Front and Rear tubular bumpers allowed, must be covered by plastic nose or tail piece and
bent to fit with rounded ends. Bumpers not covered by plastic nose or tail piece must be the complete unaltered OEM bumper and capped to the fender.
NO sharp edges on bumper or bolts.
- All weights must be painted white with the car number on it and securely fastened with 1/2 inch bolts to eliminate injury and hazardous
conditions. Failure to have the car's number on a weight or failure to have it securely fastened are grounds for disqualifications or position penalty at the
discretion of the Tech official.
- Enclosed interiors must have inspection panel. All glass, chrome and trim must be removed, including headlights and taillights. No rear view
mirrors allowed. Factory gauges may be removed. May replace factory dash with aluminum. All flammable material must be removed.. Wiring harness
may be removed and replaced. All window openings must remain factory size. A 5" plastic sun screen on front windshield area is allowed. Three 1/2"
bars in front of the driver's window are mandatory. 1/8" thick doorplate is mandatory, door plate must go from the back of the cage to 5 inches in front
of the seat. Bars may be added to protect gas tank and radiator areas.
- Car Number must be clearly marked - 24" height & 3" stripe width min. No
Duck tape numbers or letters. Must be different color than that of racecar. If the scorers can't read it, you will not be scored.
- Racing seat is MANDATORY ,(in stock location) and 5 point harness with crotch belt. Must have window net or arm restrains. Driver must have helmet w/Snell Rating
of 95 or newer, neck brace, fire suit and fire resistant gloves & shoes. Must have fire extinguisher mounted within the reach of the driver. THESE ARE MANDATORY,
NO COURTESY NIGHTS.
- Quick release steering wheel and 3/4" round steering shaft MANDATORY. Quick Steer Allowed. . NO stock columns.
- Aftermarket clutch and brake pedals allowed - The Adjuster can not be installed on dual master cylinders.
- Must weigh 3200 lbs. after race with driver. Top 5 cars weigh after heat races. Top 5 weigh ( PLUS 1 random selected from the field.) & last chance transfer spots
will weigh. after "A" feature.
ENGINE & DRIVE TRAIN:
- MUST HAVE 180 DEGREE EXPLOSION PROOF STEEL BELL HOUSING. (Inspection hole required if 360 degree)
- ENGINE: must be stock production. Factory produced blocks only. 90 or newer blocks allowed. GM to GM, Ford to Ford, Dodge to Dodge. NO 400 blocks. NO bowtie
or aluminum blocks. Stock GM 3.48 stroke, 2.10 rod journal size on gm crankshafts. OEM replacement crank (stock 3.48 stroke and weight, 49lb. Min, OEM
replacement only) allowed. Crankshafts may be turned .010,.020 or .030. STOCK GM or STOCK replacement, 5.7 length, thru-bolt I BEAM rods ONLY. PMF rods allowed.
NO cap screw rods. NO H beam rods. Must have a 1 inch plug in the oil pan on the driver's side behind the motor mount for tech inspection. Casting numbers must be
readable by tech official. Maximum cubic inch displacement to include clearance and wear is 360 for GM, 363 for Ford and 370 for Mopar. FLAT TOP or DISHED
- Engine setback #1 plug allowed to be even or forward of upper ball joint.
- INTAKE: Unaltered OEM cast iron or aluminum intake (Marine included) or unaltered aftermarket dual plane aluminum intake manufactured by: Weiand,
Edelbrock ,Holley or Professional Products AND approved by track officials. NO porting or gasket matching of the intake or heads. NO acid dipping. Intake can NOT be
worked/reworked under carburetor area. NO AIR GAP, Brezenski, Torque Link or cross ram types. Plenum divider must be even/flush across the top. Intakes are subject
to Tech Officials decision.
- EXHAUST: Manifolds or Headers allowed. No Tri-Y.
- CARBURETOR: CAN BE NO LARGER THAN A HOLLEY #4412 500 CFM 2 BARREL AND MUST PASS INSPECTION FROM TOP SIDE WITH GAUGE.
BOTTOM THROTTLE PLATE HOLE 1 11/16" / TOP 1 3/8" MAY RUN ROCHESTER or BARRY GRANT DEMON 2 BARREL (SUBJECT TO PASS INSPECTION). NO AEROSOL CARBS. ONE - 1 inch carb spacer allowed.
Can not exceed 1 1/2 inch total height, including gaskets.
- IGNITION: OE Factory distributors ONLY. (GM = HEI), No MSD distributors, No remote coils on GM distributors. Battery may be relocated and must be securely
mounted in a battery box/trey w/hold down. Recall Tachs allowed. No onboard electronic devices capable of storing information of any kind allowed. No electronic amplifying
- CAMS: Hydraulic camshafts & lifters only - Max. 480 lift at the VALVE. Stamped steel style rocker arms only. (GM 1.5 ratio) NO roller rockers, NO roller tip rockers. NO
flat tappet cams, NO mushroom cams. NO roller hydraulic cams. NO hydraulic roller lifters. If you have a doubt check with tech - before competing. Zero valve lash is
- HEADS: STOCK cast OEM production, or unaltered summit racing part number SUM-152123 (SR) heads ONLY. Vortec OK. Maximum Valve size allowed is INT 2.02
& EXT.1.60. Maximum 1.25"diameter valve springs ONLY (+ .015 tolerance). Guide plates allowed. Screw in studs allowed. Poly locks allowed. NO stud girdles. NO
beehive valve springs allowed. NO aluminum heads. NO GM angle plug heads. NO BOW-TIE performance heads. NO angle milling the block or heads, NO Brezinski
products. NO porting, NO polishing, NO acid dipping, or anything similar is NOT allowed. Ford and Mopar are allowed GT40 and W-2 heads. Casting number must be
readable by tech official.
- TRANSMISSION: Factory stock automatics or standard transmissions must have ALL working gears. A 10 1/2 inch minimum steel/organic single OEM style disc-type
clutch with a steel pressure plate and an unaltered STEEL flywheel are allowed *16 pound minimum flywheel weight. Aftermarket clutch pedal allowed. Stock type, 10" or
larger, converter allowed. WORKING factory type torque converters required on all automatics and must contain no less than 3 quarts of fluid. Drivers must be able to put
the car in gear from park / neutral and move forward and reverse at any time requested. Must have drive shaft loop 6 inches back from u-joint. Shaft & loop must be painted
white. NO DUMMY converters. NO lighten transmissions. NO direct drive transmissions.
TIRES, WHEELS, BRAKES & SUSPENSION:
- TIRES & WHEELS: Asphalt pull off tires only. NO recaps or dirt late model tires. Steel racing wheels only. Maximum width is 10". 5/8" wheel studs and 1" lug nuts
MANDATORY. Bead-lock allowed on Right Rear ONLY. NO plastic or aluminum wheels. NO bleeder valves. Tires must durometer at 50, at anytime.
- SPRINGS: Racing springs allowed on front and rear. Adjustable/Cheater weight jacks allowed on the front only. Rear springs must use stock upper spring pads in stock
location. NO weight jacks or adjustable/cheaters on the rear. NO spring sliders.
- SHOCKS: Unaltered non-adjustable, 1 piece steel racing shocks OEM-mounted style allowed. Shocks must mount in stock location on frt & rear. Only 1 shock per
Wheel. The GM rear OEM shock location is 4 1/2" from the bottom of the housing to the center of bolt hole and must be centered on the control arm bracket. NO external or
internal bumpers /stops allowed. NO Bulb-type, threaded body, coil-over, air, or any remote reservoir shocks. NO Gas port, schrader valve or bladder type valves. NO coil-
over eliminators. NO heim mounts. NO aluminum shocks. NO spring assisted shocks unless it came factory on that vehicle.
- FRONT SUSPENSION: All components and mounts must be steel, unaltered OEM or STOCK OEM REPLACEMENT, in STOCK OEM location and match frame. OEM
rubber or polyurethane A-frame bushings. STOCK OEM or OEM replacement ball joints allowed. No chains or cables. The upper
A-frame mount must remain STOCK OEM location and cannot be moved. Suspension stops of any kind are NOT allowed.
NOTE: ONLY unaltered OEM or OEM replacement control arms allowed. Any OEM replacement part that DOES NOT measure exactly the same as an original manufactured
product (OE control arm / trailing arm) AT ANY POINT on it, is NOT allowed All control arms must mount on/in stock unaltered positions. NO Heim / johnny joints .
MOOG OEM style problem solver offset upper control arm shafts are allowed.
- REAR SUSPENSIONS: All components and mounts must be steel, unaltered, OEM and/or an unaltered OEM exact specification replacement part in OEM location and
match frame. OEM rubber control arm bushings or polyurethane bushings allowed. The center of the rear lower control arm bolt hole must be 2.25 to 2.5 inches from bottom of
housing. (1/2" tolerance). NO independent rear suspensions. NO sway bars, panhard bars, J-bars, spring spacers or rubbers, chains or cables. NO gold tracs or any form of
traction devices allowed. Cars will be checked in tech. NOTE: Trailing arms must match frame, Metric on Metric, etc,. ONLY unaltered OEM
or STOCK OEM replacement trailing arms allowed. Any OEM replacement part that DOES NOT measure exactly the same as an original manufactured product AT ANY
POINT on it, is NOT allowed. Trailing arms must mount on/in stock unaltered positions. NO Heim / johnny joints
- BRAKES: 3 or 4 wheel brakes allowed. Brake shutoff, and/or valve, must be in the engine compartment. NO front to rear shutoff allowed.. NO brake bias gauges or adjuster
allowed. Brake lines must be visible. NO traction control.
- REAR END: 9" Ford rear end allowed, but must be mounted as an OEM rear end (centered) for that make and model. Grand National rear ends allowed. NO gun drilled
axles. Torque dividing mini spools or differentials are NOT allowed. GM rear ends MUST have axle retention. All rear ends must be locked.
PROTESTING: THE TRACK reserves the right to protest any car/driver at anytime.
- THE DRIVER PROTESTING MUST HAVE PARTICIPATED IN THREE PREVIOUS CONSECUTIVE RACES AT THE TRACK, MUST HAVE
FINISHED IN THE TOP FIVE AND CAN ONLY PROTEST A FINISHING POSITION AHEAD OF HIS/HER OWN. THE DRIVER GETTING PROTESTED
WILL HAVE 10 MINUTES - TO PROTEST DRIVER PROTESTING HIM/HER, - IF HE/SHE WISHES TO DO SO . DRIVER MUST GIVE THE -
CASH - TO THE FLAGMAN WITHIN 10 MINUTES AFTER THE END OF THE RACE.
$425.00 - Complete Tear Down: Includes: Clutch,Upper engine and crank weight. * */ *
$200.00 - Upper engine protest. Heads / Bore / Stroke / Inspect for lightened crank **
$125.00 - Transmission and/or clutch and flywheel / includes weight. **
$100.00 - Suspension/Shocks **
** $50.00 ** of the protest money goes to the driver's point fund.
*25.00* of the protest money goes to the wrecker - if used to pull the engine.
$100.00 Claimer on each shock. May claim 1 to 4 shocks. Driver can only claim 1 set (4 shocks), or 4 individual shocks, per season.
VISITING FACTORY STOCKS MUST COMPLY WITH ALL MAJOR RULES.
( Cubic Inch./ Carburetor / Tires / Weight & Suspension)