RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for
the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the
condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO
EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH
THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against
injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
ECONOMY MODIFIED RULES: 2017
!! Driver must stay in car unless on fire or be DQ'd!
All IMCA Building Rules will apply on body and chassis with the following Exceptions:
3-link or Leaf spring rear suspensions only. NO 4 Link. NO Z link.
Spoilers: 8 inch with 10 inch side plates. 2450 lbs. min. weight w/driver, after the race
ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAIN:
** 602 CRATE ENGINE **
Required to run Holley 500 CFM. 2 barrel carburetor. ALL CRATE ENGINES are subject to tear down, AFTERMAKET
SEALS are available. Competitor's refusing to tear down will be disqualified from and all future events until engine issue has been
- ENGINE: Must be stock production, Factory produced blocks only. OEM blocks only. No bowtie or aluminum blocks. NO 400 blocks.
IF 90 or newer, MUST HAVE MANUAL FUEL PUMP. GM to GM, Ford to Ford, Dodge to Dodge. NO 400 blocks. NO bowtie or
aluminum blocks. Stock 3.48 stroke, 2.10 rod journal size on gm crankshafts. OEM replacement crank (stock 3.48 stroke and
weight, 49lb. Min, OEM replacement only) allowed. Crankshafts may be turned .010,.020 or .030. STOCK GM or STOCK
replacement, 5.7 length, thru-bolt I BEAM rods ONLY. PMF rods allowed. NO cap screw or H beam rods. 4 valve relief flat top or
dished pistons. 1 inch oil pan inspection plug on the driver's side behind the motor mount required. Casting numbers must be readable.
Maximum cubic inch displacement to include clearance and wear is 360 for GM, 363 for Ford and 370 for Mopar. No stroking or de-stroking.
- INTAKES: Unaltered OEM cast iron or aluminum intake (Marine included) or any unaltered aftermarket dual plane aluminum intake
manufactured by: Weiand, Edelbrock ,Holley or Professional Products AND approved by track officials. NO porting or gasket
matching of the intake or heads. NO acid dipping. Intake can NOT be worked/reworked under carburetor area. NO air gap, Brezenski,
Torque Link or cross ram types. Plenum divider must be even/flush across the top. Intakes are subject to Tech Officials decision.
- CARBURETORS: 500 CFM maximum: 1 11/16" throttle bore maximum. Must pass a "go-no-go gauge". 1 inch carb spacer allowed. Can not exceed 1 1/2 inch
total height, including gaskets/spacer/adaptor, between the intake and carb base. NO AEROSOL CARBS.
- HEADS: ** Vortec allowed on 602 Crate ONLY.** All others are to be, stock cast OEM production. 1.25" diameter Valve springs
(+ .015 tolerance) and a Maximum Valve size of 1.94 INT & 1.50 EXT. Guide plates, Screw in studs and Poly locks are allowed. NO stud
girdles. NO Aluminum heads. NO angle plug heads. NO BOW-TIE performance heads. NO angle milling block or heads. NO Brezinski
products. NO porting, polishing or acid dipping. NO FORD GT 40 or Lightning. NO Mopar W-2's. Casting numbers must be readable.
- IGNITION: Only OE style (GM =HEI) distributors. NO remote coils on GM distributors. NO Magnetos, or crank triggers. Battery
may be relocated and must be securely mounted in a battery box/trey w/hold down. NO onboard electronic devices capable of storing
information. Recall Tachs allowed.
- CAMS: Hydraulic camshafts and lifters ONLY. Cam must be no larger than 480 lift (max) at the valve. Stamped steel or roller tip
rockers ONLY. (GM 1.5 ratio only) NO Solid, flat tappet, mushroom or roller hydraulic cams or lifters.
- TRANSMISSION: Automatic (TCI allowed) or standard transmissions. A working clutch and/or torque converter is
MANDATORY. Driver must be able to put the car in gear from park/neutral and move forward and reverse at time of inspection. 10
inch minimum stock appearing, disc-type style clutch, steel pressure plate, and steel flywheel. NO aluminum flywheels. NO direct
drives. Manual transmissions. MUST HAVE 180 or (360 w/inspection hole) DEGREE EXPLOSION PROOF BELL HOUSING. AUTOMATICS MUST HAVE AN EXPLOSION PROOF BLANKET. No lightened Transmission.
- Pump or Racing gas only.
TIRES, WHEELS, SUSPENSION:
- TIRES: American Racer G-60 or Hoosier G-60's Modified pull offs (stamped imca or not) or any 10 inch Hoosier asphalt pull off F-
35 or higher. Tire(s) must durometer 50 or greater. Grooving and siping is allowed. Use of any chemical additive or tire softening is not
- WHEELS: 8" or 10" steel racing wheels ONLY. Right rear beadlock allowed. 5/8 studs and 1" lug nuts MANDATORY.
- SHOCKS: Steel shocks only. NO Aluminum shocks. $100.00 claimer fee, (each) on shocks. To Claim: Driver must have raced a
minimum of 3 previous consecutive races at the track and may claim from 1, to all, shocks from any 1 car finishing ahead of him/her.
Driver will have 10 minutes after the race to hand the - CASH - to the Tech man.
- Brake floaters allowed. NO traction control devices
- Abuse/Assualt of Officials/Participants and minor unsportsmanlike actions:
No participant shall engage in improper behavior on or off the track, on social media, in or out of the race car, nor shall he/she
subject any track official, track employee, sponsor, or participant to any abusive or improper language at any time. Any driver
who gets out of his/her race car, or any participant who verbally assaults or threaten any track official, track employee, sponsor
or another participant may be suspended for up to two weeks from the date of infraction, may lose all track points and pay a
$250.00 fine, to the driver's point fund. Loss of points and amount of fine are at the discretion of the track officials and
based on the severity of the violation.
PROTESTING: (Only the driver can protest)
- THE DRIVER PROTESTING MUST HAVE PARTICIPATED IN THREE PREVIOUS CONSECUTIVE
RACES AT THE TRACK, MUST HAVE FINISHED IN THE TOP FIVE AND CAN ONLY PROTEST A FINISHING
POSITION AHEAD OF HIS/HER OWN. THE DRIVER GETTING PROTESTED WILL HAVE - 10 MINUTES - TO
PROTEST DRIVER PROTESTING HIM/HER, - IF HE/SHE WISHES TO DO SO . DRIVER MUST GIVE - CASH - TO THE
FLAGMAN WITHIN 10 MINUTES AFTER THE END OF THE RACE.
$425.00 - Complete Tear Down: Includes: Clutch, Upper engine and crank weight.
$200.00 - Upper engine protest. Heads /Cam type/ Bore / Stroke / Inspect for lightened crank
$125.00 - Transmission and/or clutch and flywheel
** $100.00 - Suspension/Shocks**
**$50.00** of the money goes to the driver's point fund
*25.00* of the protest money goes to the wrecker - if used to pull the engine.
$100.00 Claimer on each shock. May claim 1 to 4 shocks. Driver can only claim 1 set (4 shocks), or 4 individual shocks, per season.
THE TRACK reserves the right to protest any driver at anytime.
VISITING E-MODS MUST COMPLY WITH ALL MAJOR RULES.
( Cubic Inch. / Carburetor / Tires / Weight)